Goldfish getting BIGGER........need BIG tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Blue goldfish

AC Members
Sep 15, 2002
TN
I'm starting to have a problem here.......at first i could handle it....now.......my goldfish are starting to get too big for my 55 gallon tank. My current status on tanks... 1 55gal, 1 20gal long, 4 10gal tanks. Current usage of tanks only the 55gal and 20gal. With the 20gal strictly for overwintering my water plants.

To show you my problem, here's the sizes of the fish:
2 7-8in common goldfish
1 7in Sarasa comet
5 3-5in shubunkin/comet cross
1 3in local darter
1 4in Dojo loach
1 3in local catfish

2 Aquaclear 200s with 18in airbar

Striker and Aoi are starting to be aggressive over food and stuff....mostly it's Striker though. Aoi's always been the nicer one of the bunch. But my question.....does anyone know of a place i can find cheap large tanks????? Like i said this is starting to be a problem. Used to be they were itty bitty and they were fine now, they are needing a little more room. So any help or advice will be more than welcome.

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
check with glass cages they got cheap tanks. i would put them into one of those plastic kiddie pools from walmart you can get it for like 8 bucks, unless you want a project and build them a nice pond indoor or out. then make your own filter, i built a filter for my 1,200 gallon koi pond and it costed me about 40 bucks tops cept the pump costed 80 or so then i decided to go a little over board and added a bunch of bio balls and got a 30 dollar prefilter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store