Got as BTA, now told not to be so sure

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
The lady who gave it to me bought the original as a BTA. It split and she did nto have enough room for two of these big things in her 24 cube. What do you guys think?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Looks good, definately a BTA. Don't worry about it going in the rocks in that last picture, they do that often, especially when first put in a tank. From my experience, depending on lighting BTAs can stretch out to look like LTAs, but an LTA won't ever look like a BTA. The coloring reminds me of a Condy anemone, but the bubbles say otherwise.

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
The guy at my work said that other anemones can develop some bubbling. He wanted to see the color of the base. The were saying long tentacled and condy were possibilities.

It has settled in pretty well now, has pretty much stayed put although in the last couple days it has changed position a few times, but not really moved. In the last picture you actually couldn't see it but the tentacles were partially exposed on the other side of the rock on the bottom. It has now moved again, same spot, but the base is on a different rock. I think it is getting ready to split. The lady I got it from said the one she kept has already split again.

Will they stretch to try and get more light?

He is on the bottom but has not tried to come up the rock work. I thought he was going to try to today so before I went to work I moved the zoanthid colonies that were in the most likely path. Now he is off that rock again.

Either way I like it, I just want to know exactly what I have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store