Got my 75 gallon now what to put in.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Just my experience with them. YMMV, as with anything. I was offering up my opinion, as do we all. Sorry, I'm not a GD fan, but it sounds like you are...& that's ok too. Different tanks, different experiences? There's no 1 "right" answer...

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I would wait to add otos & go with an extra GD &/or yoyo. Otos prefer a well aged tank, & at 2 inches are a bit small to keep with 5- 6 inch fish. Since you have other tanks, you can always eventually move them. Like I said I haven't kept yoyos, they may ignore the otos...or not.

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
Yeah I picked up 5 red rainbow fish (sorry Fishorama lol ;) ). I am going to pick up more yoyo's. So far in my other tank they have been perfect with my oto's. But who know what will happen if there are more YoYo's... Still looking at what else to add for algae control.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, a BN pleco, with LOTS of hiding areas for loaches & 1 pleco (say 5 areas) would likely be a better bet than otos. Both only eat some types of algae. I love my L-144 girl, she's ~4 inches after a few years, males get an inch or 2 bigger. The roselines may eat some kinds too. Control your light & change lots of water & you may not "need" an algae eater.

It's your tank, Ian, if you want red rainbows, sobeit…& well, we're going to need pics! I'll try not to be too snarky when they get all fore-heady, lol.

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
I was thinking BN's , yes going to get some PVC and make some hiding spots. Also making some with drift wood and maybe stone. I also am getting more plants before I get more yoyo's. I am also trying to catch these guys to put them in the 75... They are fast! lol

Nothing wrong with a BIG forehead lol

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
If this is going to be a planted tank I don't know why you would need algae eating fish. I have no algae eating fish in any of my tanks and have next to no algae. Just some hard green spot algae on the glass over time but there is no fish that will eat those anyway. Get the right plants, don't overstock and do water changes...

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
Update : Finally caught my 2 Yoyo's to move in to my 75gal. Them loaches are FAST!!!!! lol

So I have 5 Red Rainbows and 2 Yoyo Loaches in my 75gal. I will be adding more Yoyo's, any other ideas ? Roseline sharks are one I was thinking. Maybe a "Center Piece" fish?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I thought you were going with giant danios? OR roselines? Choose 1 species, Ian.

Just a thought, I like a bn pleco for their "personality" less their alga eating, My L-144 is a character, I love her.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store