Gourami illness

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

geez1227

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2020
Gourami was exhibiting signs of bloat. We have been monitoring the fish and this morning his insides seemed to burst. Attached picture. Thought the fish was a goner for sure. We move him too a clean bowl, but since he seems to be doing better. No idea what this could be. This was the only gourami in the tank with some tetras. Also continuing to deal with algae in the aquarium. Trying Algaefix over the past week and multiple water changes without improvement.

F3D99146-3995-4045-BE98-7876740A4109.jpeg

gmwJOY

AC Members
Feb 25, 2020
Indian > west bengal > kolkata
Real Name
Joy Banerjee
same as my thread there is no reply
how is the gourami now ?
umm i dont know what to say same thing happned to my rosy barb and they are dead (1 pair ) , i also have golden gourani and honey gourami, they are doing well just sum ich i noticed and now they are cured and healty for atleast 3 years...
umm do you mind if i post the linke of my thread here ?
or may be you can help me with my thread

gmwJOY

AC Members
Feb 25, 2020
Indian > west bengal > kolkata
Real Name
Joy Banerjee

MeganYiun

AC Members
Jan 23, 2014
Michigan
Nobody is replying because.. most likely they don't know..

Gourami fish are super susceptible to tons of disease and this happens to a ton of people. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it too much. I found a picture that may be something similar. What do you think?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store