great site you guys have here

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

buck nash

AC Members
Oct 4, 2016
This is my second thread here. In my first i asked for help in identifying some fish that I got free and got help right away.

I've got 2 tanks now, a 30 gal tropical community tank, with 5 gourami, 4 cory catfish, a mix of tetras and a pair of flying fox. It's getting up to max capacity in there so i found a free 56 gal tank in a local buy and sell. The ad said it came with a few fish but i was surprised to see 2 big cichlids a good sized gourami and two 8" leporinus. A really nice bonus because they're beautiful fish but i didn't know much about cichlids and i didn't even know what the leporinus were until someone from this site helped me out. Also the new tank isn't going to solve my crowding problem and my wife is choked that now we're keeping this new tank as well as the old one when she was thinking we were just upgrading from a 30 to a 56 gal.

My son also has a 15gal with an African dwarf frog, some tetras a couple corys, a beta, a clown pleko and a flying fox. He's also getting a bit crowded in his tank so we're getting ready to set up a 33 gal for him to move into. We're planning on using a rock retaining wall to build a shallow end for the frog and will likey get another frog once it's set up.

I also have an interest in aquaponics and my old 30 gal might get used for that once my son's 33 gal is up and running. I think it'll be a fun experiment to do with the boy. We would keep the fish that are in it and build a bell syphon system with some herbs for our kitchen. If it works out we might convert our other tanks. Right now the water we get from water changes goes to our pants and they love it.

Anyhow that's what I'm doing with fish right now. I've been keeping fish on and off for years but lately im starting to expand my interest in the hobby since I've heard about aquaponics. You'll probably see lots from me in the next while.

Reactions: Bren Murphy

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Welcome to AC! I'll be looking out for threads on aquaponics. ;)

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Welcome, and it is not the site, but the Great people we have on the site. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store