Green carpet question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shez15

Registered Member
Jan 12, 2003
Baltimore, MD
Visit site
I've posted this question on a few other online communities and have received a ton of advice, of which none has worked. My green carpet shrinks to 1/4 of it's size when my lighting comes on during the day. If you would see it, you would swear it was dead or well on it's way! But within about 30 mins of my lights turning off, the carpet starts to expand again. After the lights go out, it is full and extremely healthy looking. It stays that way until the next day when the lights come on again. I've been told by someone that it could be light shock and to move it to the bottom of the tank and shield the carpet with a screen under the hood. I've tried this with no success. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I could possibly correct this? My water quality is perfect, I'm running 4 VHO's (4x95watts) over a 55gal tank. My other corals and fish are healthy.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Sounds like light shock, but not that you have too much light.

The light is coming on too quickly and "suprising" the anemone.

You might want to add a couple NO bulbs or maybe another VHO bulb on a seperate ballast. Turn this bulb on first, and then turn on the VHOs an hour or so later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store