Green terror sexing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MTSmakesthewifecranky

Registered Member
Jan 15, 2016
I know you probably get this a million times. As a lot of results came up from the search function but I was looking for a definitive answer to confirm my suspicions. I am leaning toward male for the terror in the second picture but not sure. Problem is the other terror is getting bullied hard by the bigger one and I don't know if it's because he is an overly aggressive, amorous male or if they are the same sex and wants to kill the other. Any help is appreciated :)

20160115_135649.jpg

20160115_135708.jpg

20160115_135839.jpg

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
I am also believing that it is a male due too fins, markings and body.

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Yes but don't be surprised if it is a female that the male is not accepting. But I would definitely lean to it being another male.

MTSmakesthewifecranky

Registered Member
Jan 15, 2016
I originally thought it was a female because the male is shredding the fins, chasing nonstop etc and not outright killing it but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks for the advice. Now I have to decide which one is better looking to keep before he makes the decision for me :)

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Put a divider in. I would do that asap if they are the only 2 in there because once you go to sleep you will not be able to monitor the onslaught.

MTSmakesthewifecranky

Registered Member
Jan 15, 2016
Poor guy getting wrecked. Looks male to me. Unfortunately I don't have a divider big enough for this tank at the moment :( Hopefully he lasts the night. I like the striping more then the other male.

1452915402121.jpg

_Sci3ntific_

Registered Member
Aug 25, 2016
Hi I'm new here and new to green terrors. I have EXACTLY the same problem although mine are younger. Thanks to Smitty's advice I think my issue is solved ! Was a bit worried incase the aquatic centre had sold me females as they aren't as colourful when fully grown. How old are they when there colouring really brightens ?

roliva

Dovii/Umbee Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
Lehigh Valley, PA
So what's the update on your terrors?

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
I know you probably get this a million times. As a lot of results came up from the search function but I was looking for a definitive answer to confirm my suspicions. I am leaning toward male for the terror in the second picture but not sure. Problem is the other terror is getting bullied hard by the bigger one and I don't know if it's because he is an overly aggressive, amorous male or if they are the same sex and wants to kill the other. Any help is appreciated :)

View attachment 216820

View attachment 216821

View attachment 216822
looks like it could be a pair, but just because you have a male and female doesn't mean they will spawn. Always best to get a group of 6 when possible and let them pair on their own. Usually the strongest male and female pick each other for good genetics purposes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store