Growing VFT's from seed???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Darlingtonia generally are found in areas that are supplied with rather cool groundwater that runs over the plant's roots. They wont work well as a plant to just stick outside or in a terrarium.

VFTs from death cubes aren't in great conditions...but with plenty of care they can bounce back pretty well IME.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Hmmm was not aware they need the cool water running over there roots. Also I looked online and there is alot of varieties of VFT's. I saw at least a dozen different kinds. Also that VFT that my bro has is all up to him. If I buy the VFT's ill be getting them from online shops.

Notyalc

AC Members
Sep 5, 2016
Anyone got any advice on how to grow these from seed? These have always grabbed my interest and would like to try to grow them from seed. I got a 5 and 10 gallon aquarium to utilize also got spare 4" pots. Keep in mind I have tried to own CP's twice and both times I failed. This will prob be my last attempt so want to try and do it right. Wanting to try to do different varieties of VFT's. If this goes good then I'll try pitchers or sundews next. Cobra Plant has always caught my eye too.
easy. find a container with a tight lid use only pure sphagnum peat moss the shredded dark brown works good. use distilled water to saok the medium. sprinkle the seeds on top of the peat and set with a water sprayer on fine mist. seal container or use your fish tank. wait 3 to 5 weeks. walaa vft will appear. make sure the seeds have been in the fridge a few months first. they need a chill period

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store