Guinacara may be spawning

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rafini

AC Members
Jun 24, 2012
I have2 Guinacara that I have had since around november, I bought them because they came in with a batch of Keyhole cichlids and therefore were very cheap. There has always been a smaller one and a bigger one. I have noticed today that these normally peaceful fish are generally chasing away anyone who comes remotely near them. From what I have observed they don`t seem to be protecting any particular one area, but their change in behaviour leads me to believe that they might be a pair.

Do these guys make good parents?

Heres a pic

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
They still look too young to me to be anywhere close to spawning.

My pair spawned when they were about 4". They are cave spawners and spawned deep underneath a hollow driftwood log. Although a flowerpot would probably work too.

They are pretty good parents.

Andy

Rafini

AC Members
Jun 24, 2012
They are protecting a small cave. I thought they were too small too, the bigger one is around 3" with the other being slightly smaller.
Maybe I just have a pair forming, either way I will be sure to update here if they do ever spawn

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store