Guppy Died, Rasbora Injured, Other Fish Might Be Sick?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
First questions that came to mind. Did you have 6 cories? Did 4 of them die? How many did you get at first? I must mention again, cories will get too big for a 10 gallon tank and are too active for one and so they need a 20 gallon tank and a group of 6+ to make them even happier :)

I thought about the overstocking issue at first as this looked too many fish to me lol.

My first guppies were fine, tough one was hiding behind filter and it disappeared one day, couldn’t find the body, my shrimps must have ate its body, an he was eating fine.
Then another one, but much different issue. He got really bloated and his fins were eaten away and kept being eaten, away. (Let’s call him male 1)

Then another guppy, he was all fine, eating, nibbling at stuff and always kept himself in open space. He was a calm boy, harassed by other males wanting to mate with him.
Then, one night. He also disappeared and was eaten by shrimps as well.

Dreadful.

Another guppy (let’s call him male 2), got bloated as well and his fins were eaten away too. Same story, but he got red spot/s (bumpy), where I was told it was something bacterial so I did couple water changes and these were gone.

Then male 1 got them as well, did couple water changes and these were gone again.

I did 100% water change in my tank with everything cleaned, but I left it as it was and moved all of my fish in my 5 gallon tank with filter. This is when I noticed that male 2 got the spot again so I added some medication in the tank and added another one (mixed medication here) and overdosed (I had enough of the red bumpy spots) and killed off all of my fish in the tank, but. Luckily my 2 swordtail females kept themselves alive and all of Sprinkle’s kids (Sprinkle was one of my swords, she had black „moustache”) were also alive.

honestly, i was relieved they were alive. I loved them as if they were my own kids.

All my guppies, otos, plecos died in the accident. There were guppy survivors, 2 of them came back to life and survived, lived and then got sick and passed this year.

Later this year, Sprinkle got sick as well and passed. This year as well.

1 of sword survivors is Bun, a fat fish, eating well and having kids. She’s not fat now after her accident, I’ll tell it later.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Accidentaly pressed post reply button. I’ll continue it here.

The survivors lived a healthy life afterwards, I really didn’t there would be any survivors where I actually thought I killed off all of my fish.
It happened over a year ago, I still remember this.
It haunts me here and there.

I circled the fish that died in black, and fish that got the bloat and spots in blue.
Sadly I don’t have picture of the ones that survived and overall the pictures of all of them that I had:

E1628B2B-E146-4AC1-8719-A07580DEB05D.jpeg9E7DEBDB-FA6C-467C-B0BF-4857D34738F0.jpeg

So I thought about my story and your story, and thought that you may have some internal parasitic or bacterial issues that go on in your tank with your fish.
Were your fish bloated when they died?

——————
I’ll tell about Bun’s incident.
I had a nice human skull decor in my tank, she was too fat to get out of it and so she got stuck in one eye and squished her belly and scratched off most of her scales.
Again, I didn’t think she was going to survive, but she did.
Took her a long time to recover, she still is.
She’s a hero, that Bun.

Here is Sprinkle (black & orange) and Bun (fat and orange) before Bun’s accident:

1310B177-83A6-49BF-A0C3-06709310C4FB.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store