Had to set up a new tank 20g with 10g sump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Alfa75racer

AC Members
May 5, 2007
Massachusetts
Hi everyone, this is part warning and part look at my new tank! I had a 15g column FOWLR tank running for a few years but recently I had a failed surge protector cause a small fire at my house. (if you have a Phillips Power Sentry timer or strip, replace it now!) It started with the surge protector and caught the tank stand and canister filter on fire, I was lucky enough to be home (1:30 am) and was able to extinquish it before the fire dept arrived. The fish all made it somehow even though they went without heat for 2 day and filtration for even longer.
What I set up was a 20g high with a 10 gallon simple sump. Painted the stand lacquer black, the back glass Krylon blue, Eshopps ef300 ovf, 1" drain pvc drain, Rio 1100 return pump to 2 3/4" inlets, Coralife Super Skimmer 65 in sump, Marineland heater in sump, and running multiple grades of foam & filter floss, carbon and Fluval Clearmax phosphate remover. As it is a FOWLR lighting doesn't matter too much so I am using a Marineland LED with Moonlight feature. I re-used my live rock and sand from the old tank and will eventually add more LR. Let me know what you think!

1.JPG2.JPG
Source of Fire Old Tank

3.JPG4.JPG
Work in progress

5.JPG
Rocko keeping a watchful eye as they await their new home

6.JPG
Everyone alive and happy

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com