Help, Cichlid 30 gallon community tank w/ Angelfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cweikel

AC Members
Feb 24, 2020
Lorton Virginia
Real Name
Carrie
Thanks for the additional pic! Is the mouth turned down more than the other cichlids, if so it may be a Tropheus duboisi juvenile which is from Lake Tanganyika.
It does look a little bit more turned down. They are small so it's hard for me to really tell. I was told he was a Tropheus duboisi?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Tropheus species are sensitive to water conditions and do well on Spirulina flake or pellet foods since they are considered herbivores in the wild. The also lose their spots when they mature so will look like a completely different fish.

Is that also a rope fish in one of your pics?

Cweikel

AC Members
Feb 24, 2020
Lorton Virginia
Real Name
Carrie
Tropheus species are sensitive to water conditions and do well on Spirulina flake or pellet foods since they are considered herbivores in the wild. The also lose their spots when they mature so will look like a completely different fish.

Is that also a rope fish in one of your pics?
Some type of loache. Looks like a eel but with a catfish type head. I got him, a few snails and a pleco for cleaning up excess food and alge preventative ?. Actually forgot about him being in there because I almost never see it except at night. I bought them when it was just the Angelfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store