Help! Emergency tank upgrade

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Absolutely thanks again! I just tend to focus on the plants and more natural look. Hubby and kids are complete opposite Glofish and multicolored lights lol

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
I won’t be in a rush for the lights just wanted a plan for when they break. If it’s super fast I may request the light fixture replacement ( It’s $35 for basic led) but they will send one free if it fails soon after purchase. My next purchase I think is the flourite black sand to add a top layer to what I have. I moved over everything from the fluval but it’s pretty thin substrate wise and I figured the plants would benefit. & then maybe I can start shopping for some decorations to replace our old stuff.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Have you told them Glofish ain't real but are genetically modified? Sure some people still like that but for an old timer like me that's still weird, back in the day nobody said 'I wish that these black skirt tetras were green and purple' everyone that had them, liked them the way they were.

Reactions: Kimunaffected

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
I never allowed dyed fish when they asked In our prior tanks so when they older one got old enough she did research on the glofish and came to be with this whole presentation of how she felt the genetically modified are not dyed and dad agreed lol her whole presentation was pretty convincing. Problem is ... they don’t maintain these tanks LOL mom does ??

Reactions: the loach

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Personally, I really don't have a problem with glofish... Assuming their basic needs are met like any other fish.

And getting kids and others into the hobby can be a good thing.. especially if you have to take them shopping.

• Love

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Personally, I really don't have a problem with glofish... Assuming their basic needs are met like any other fish.

And getting kids and others into the hobby can be a good thing.. especially if you have to take them shopping.
That it has !

Reactions: dougall

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
It will help you, assuming you haven't already, to get a timer for your lights.

That is all.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm a huge fan of wifi smart switches these days.

Means I can just turn the lights on with my phone or Alexa rather than actually having to get up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store