Help! Fish Emergency!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lafindestemps

AC Members
Feb 18, 2020
I could surely do 40, even if he has to sit in the middle of the living room. Should I try and add tank mates? or if they are aggressive do they generally stay that way? Thank you for all the advice btw, I should have given all this more thought years ago but I just blindly followed the advice of the pet store and here we are.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Relax.

Things happen, sounds like you were dealt a terrible hand. You have done well to get to here.

And, yeah, pet stores can be pretty hit or miss with advice.

Reactions: the loach

lafindestemps

AC Members
Feb 18, 2020
Thank you, I think I needed that. He is considerably better today, reddness is almost completely gone. That being said, I think he's lost his sight, he developed what the vet called "pop eye" during his illness and his eyes look terrible, I honestly think he is going to lose them completely. He reacts to voice and people walking to the tank, but not visual stimulation (waving ect.) Tryed different types of food, he wont go to the surface for flakes, and the pellets fall right in front of him and he dosent see them. Considering feeding him with tweezers or holding him with tongs and then feeding with tweezers if that dosent work, also saw someone feeding a blind fish by putting him in a strainer, still in the water then dropping the food in. Do you have any experience with this? Any ideas? At this point he hasnt eaten for real in nearly a week, and the vet said that was normal with him being so sick and not to worry about it, but he's recovering now and showing signs of hunger, so I need to figure this out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store