Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help identifying these two cichlids...

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by DCoyner, May 10, 2018.

1. DCoyner

DCoyner AC Members

Dee
    Jul 12, 2018
    Dee
    Hello, I am currently running a 55 gal mbuna tank (mostly) but I picked up 3 fish that I can not identify. 2 apparently are the same species, the third I have no clue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I think the 2 that are similar are haps of some sort (would be nice to know what kind), but the third has me baffled.

Please ignore the clogged uptake head..LOL...We had plant issues...I am cleaning it now!

I am looking for the name of the tan and blue horizontal striped one here 20180510_160254.jpg
    The one on the bottom in the photo above, the one in the middle in the photo below.
    20180510_160323.jpg
    I am looking for the name of the black and cream vertical striped one here...

Thanks!
    Deana

2. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 AC Members

Jul 9, 2018
    The first one is a Melanochromis exasperatus. (a species of Malawi mbuna). The second one is a Zebra obliquidens (Astatotilapia latifasciata), a Victorian hap.

Andy

3. DCoyner

DCoyner AC Members

Dee
    Jul 12, 2018
    Dee
    Thank you very much! I will monitor the tank for untoward aggression towards the haps. I really appreciate the quick response!

Deana

4. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Today at 1:55 AM
    Jessica
    I have never had either, but seems Narwhal72 is correct.