Help identifying these two cichlids...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DCoyner

AC Members
May 10, 2018
Real Name
Dee
Hello, I am currently running a 55 gal mbuna tank (mostly) but I picked up 3 fish that I can not identify. 2 apparently are the same species, the third I have no clue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I think the 2 that are similar are haps of some sort (would be nice to know what kind), but the third has me baffled.

Please ignore the clogged uptake head..LOL...We had plant issues...I am cleaning it now!

I am looking for the name of the tan and blue horizontal striped one here20180510_160254.jpg
The one on the bottom in the photo above, the one in the middle in the photo below.
20180510_160323.jpg
I am looking for the name of the black and cream vertical striped one here...

Thanks!
Deana

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
The first one is a Melanochromis exasperatus. (a species of Malawi mbuna). The second one is a Zebra obliquidens (Astatotilapia latifasciata), a Victorian hap.

Andy

DCoyner

AC Members
May 10, 2018
Real Name
Dee
The first one is a Melanochromis exasperatus. (a species of Malawi mbuna). The second one is a Zebra obliquidens (Astatotilapia latifasciata), a Victorian hap.

Andy
Thank you very much! I will monitor the tank for untoward aggression towards the haps. I really appreciate the quick response!

Deana

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have never had either, but seems Narwhal72 is correct.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store