Help me set up a planted tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Originalscreenname

Registered Member
Oct 9, 2019
Hi, not sure if you are still looking for plant recommendations, but if you are, I would suggest you look into getting pearl weed and like another said water sprite. I have those two plants (along with several others with sand substrate) and they grow extremely fast. I started with only a few pieces of pearl weed and now I have enough to have in 2 tanks - a huge amount. And the 1 water sprite has turned into 6 (maybe more) plants.

Reactions: greahound

greahound

AC Members
Aug 23, 2019
I'm still looking for plants, yes! I want a diverse forest in my tank. I'll add those to my list :)

Originalscreenname

Registered Member
Oct 9, 2019
Both can be either left floating or planted. If planted, I would use root tabs. If you leave them floating, they will quickly take over and block out light from your other plants. I have them both planted. This is how much they both have grown in the last month or two at the most. (since this picture was taken a week ago, I have 2 additional water sprite plants in this tank) Also, please don't mind the algae, I am currently battling some! Good luck!

Tank.jpg

Reactions: greahound
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store