HELP!! My puffers laid eggs!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Holy Cow!!!!!

Well, I have counted over 40 of them. There have been some fatalities. We removed the female before they hatched. Then the male afterwords.

Guess what....THEY LAID EGGS AGAIN!!!.

We found them last night. I was wondering cuz of the way they were behaving during the day, and cuz how she was looking.

I'm doing water testing and noting conditions and so on for my brother. He wants to know everything.

The babies are looking good.

Thanks for asking!!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
What are you feeding them? Do you have a large enough grow out tank? You're going to have lots of puffers!

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Well, the first batch of babies are in a 40 gal. alone.
The parents were moved into a 20 gal temporarily til we could get the babies out of the 40..we were gonna put the babies in the 20.

But, we had another fish unexpectedly lay eggs and brood them. So we put her in that twenty. Now, she appearantly dropped the unfertilized eggs (we couldn't tell yet). So, we can get her out of there, and put the babies in. I don't quite know when we can get the parents moved again yet.

I didn't think they would lay eggs again so soon!

Well, we normally feed them live feeders, crabs , snails and crayfish. Once we fed them bloodworms(frozen).

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Actually I meant, what are you feeding the babies? How big are they now?

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
OH! DUH!
Well, we were trying freshly hatched brine shrimp. My husband just put egg yolk in this morning cuz I prodded him too.
They look like littel tadpoles. Were clear with eyeballs at first, but now they are starting to darken a little. They are still quite small.

The male ate the eggs they just laid yesterday. We just couldn't get him out fast enough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store