Help name my koi please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TJcanada

AC Members
pic#1 - looks like a Hikarimoyo-mono variety(metallic koi)

pic#2 - Scaleless Kohaku

pic#3 - looks to be a Ki Utsuri - or a Kin Ki Utsuri(hard to tell if it's metallic or not)

pic#4 - seems to be a Kujaku*Hikariwake*

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think the first one is a Kohaku with gin rin scales. By the pics I can't tell if it has glitterly ginrin scales. In those pics in looks like a plantinum ogon with a few red markings, although I know that this is not a variety. Sorry not good at naming other peoples fish.

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Hypancistrus-zebra,

Nice koi. I have to leave shortly but will try to get back to you later to help identify your koi.

Can you tell me a little about your koi pond?

Hypancistrus-zebra

Mar 17, 2002
UK
www.thefishtank.cjb.net
Well it started as a compost heap.
I wanted a pond for AGES, cause I loved fishin and had a fasination with fish. So on holiday my parents agreed I was allowed a pond, cause I spent the whole time drawing it.

Got home, and pritty much started digging straight away... 2ft down, and a year later, I started again. I took about 1 1/2 - 2years to do... I was young and lazy.

My parents wern't expecting it to be so big, but at only 1000 gals its a small koi pond! Umm heres a few pics...

My mum wants to put silk lillies in, you know the kind you buy at the garden centre? I aint having it tho!

Ill get a pic of the whole thing, and what it looked like before :)

You know of OASE? Thats the filter + pump Im using.

BIO SYSTEM 3 set 1

Last edited:

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Very nice. I wonder if your parents can talk to my wife. Maybe then she'll give the OK to build a pond. Although I'll rent a miniexacavator:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store