Here is my 29 gallon acrylic plant tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Love it!

Reactions: dereks

dereks

AC Members
Mar 7, 2006
Thanks! I just planted some wisteria in the back right corner, so hopefully that bare spot at the top right will be gone in a few months.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
That's a beautiful tank. Fair warning: wisteria grows like a weed and those swords will keep you busy trimming them. :)

Reactions: dereks

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Very nice! How long has it been planted/running?

dereks

AC Members
Mar 7, 2006
That's a beautiful tank. Fair warning: wisteria grows like a weed. :)
I'm counting on it!

Very nice! How long has it been planted/running?
Not long, 6 months maybe. The swords have really grown in quickly, and even the slow grower java fern is starting to fill in. I love how java fern looks when full grown with thick, lush growth.

Looks great! What fish do you have? I see cardinals & harlys
A betta, 2 yo yo loaches, 5 rasboras, glass shrimp and 1 cardinal. My plan is to have 10 cardinals and 10 rasboras, I'd like to get them more friends as I know they're scholling fish (these fish were rescues which is how I ended up with improper numbers).

That green just pops nice!
Thanks!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I don't want to rain on your parade, but yoyos get too big & too rowdy (maybe) for your plants & (again, maybe) your betta & shrimp. You might get away with sidthimunki loaches, I have kept them with harlys & they didn't bother the plants I had (not swords). I did try to keep red cherry shrimp w/sids...unsuccessfully...& just 2 is asking for trouble, they're shoalers too.

Your plan of 10 each cards & harlys sounds nice! It's just the loaches that concern me. Maybe more shrimp instead? Not as cool as loaches...or maybe a group of 1 species of corys?

dereks

AC Members
Mar 7, 2006
yoyos get too big & too rowdy (maybe) for your plants & (again, maybe) your betta & shrimp. You might get away with sidthimunki loaches,

Maybe more shrimp instead? Not as cool as loaches...or maybe a group of 1 species of corys?
The goal of the loaches is to eat snails, will the sidthimunkis eat snails?

What is the smallest snail eating fish that can go with plants?

I had these yoyos in a different tank for a while, they are very slow growers so it feels like they're going to be ok for a while. They don't bother anything in the tank.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store