Hitchhiker ID please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Axcid

AC Members
Apr 18, 2011
KC
Real Name
Phil
I got this hitchhiker on some rock about 4 months ago. It was tiny then but its a good size now. I'm still a noob when it comes to coral so an ID would be great so i can read up on care for this guy. Thanks.

DSC_0192.JPG

Axcid

AC Members
Apr 18, 2011
KC
Real Name
Phil
Great... see i told you i was a noob. I just read about them and didn't like what i read. At least i only have one. Any Ideas of the best way to get rid of it?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Yep, mojano. If the rock can be removed easily, take it out and torch the nem with a lighter, etc. Scrape the remenants off with a blade and put the rock back. Note that the nem will suck back into its hole if you spook it, making it harder to get to. Otherwise there are products (Aiptasia X, Joes Juice) that you can use to smother and chemically burn it. Aiptasia X and Joes Juice are just premixed kalkwasser pastes so you can also by a jar of kalwasser and mix the powder with RO/DI water to make your own (the thicker the better and the longer you leave it the better). You apply the paste with a syringe type device without the needle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store