How about this?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wetmanNY

AC Members
A perfectly uninformative topic heading that you're supposed to open-- and it worked! See? you did open it, didn't you!... because I'm so uneasy and insecure that you will ignore my post that if I told you in the heading, you'd probably ignore it. Because that's how you fishpeople are. Ignoring posts like this one. That's what you're doing here, ignoring posts.

Unless they have a teaser topic heading,something EYECATCHING, like a sleazy advertising trick...

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
And, yet, I've opened it three times...and I'm still not sure why it's here? Your dry wit has bested my thought processes once again, WetmanNY.

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
Ha, you got me. I just don't go to certain topics because I don't know anything about the qustion asked, like anything with cichlids or sumps and other things. But, since in your subject there was no specific thing, I opened it hoping that it was something I could help with. I did find it rather odd though that you would post something in the newbie section.

andruboz

Senile Member
Jan 6, 2003
texas
home.satx.rr.com
heck i often look at a post based solely on the poster. you know, "what did that bonehead do now?" type curiosity.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Gee, that's a really nice philosophy--I'm sure tons of newbies are really hoping you'll help them now.:rolleyes:

wetmanNY is making a valid point--subjects that don't identify the question are frustrating, and often result in posts with no responses. Until further notice, I will do my best to edit subject lines to reflect the thread.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Okay, I get the point now...I was pretty darn confused earlier! Thanks for the clarification, OG!

wetmanNY

AC Members
It's not the subject-- all subjects are cool, and many simple questions are richer and more interesting than they seem at first glance..

It's the teaser headings, which are meant to trick you into being curious...

...but we don't need to be tricked. We are curious anyway.

...the fact is, no one can open every topic. It's a decent request, isn't it, not to be "hooked" into opening something that you can't help with-- or hey that you have no interest in...

These teaser topic headers run in cycles. People get the idea that they're cute or something...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store