How big will my Clown pleco get?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Drift wood is fallen trees that land in water.. but the wood you buy in stores was never in water and has to sit in a bucket for 6 months to become waterlogged and sink. There are a few hard wood trees near me.. I can also get sticks from the river or lakes... near me.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
The wood you can buy has in fact been in water, and has since dried out. Very rarely does it take 6 months to sink. Generally it takes a few weeks.

If you go and find the wood yourself, make sure there is no bark on the wood when you put it in your aquarium. You can also bake it in the oven, and some people will boil it. I think just soaking it in water in a bucket or other container works fine. Just soak and change the water daily for a week or so has worked for me. Do not use fresh wood. Make sure you find it on the ground. The drier it is the better. If it still has sap in it, this will come out in the water.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have thick branches near by that are about 3" thick. I can ake the bark off those and boil them and sit them in a cooler for a few weeks. Would that work? Cause I'm short on cash and don't really want to spend much. Plus I think the thick sticks will make it more natural looking for the angels I have.

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
If you have any lakes or rivers near by just go and take a walk along the shore in a few yards you prob able to find more wood than you would know what to do with a lot of times you can find hunks of wood that have fallen into creeks and are good and soaked

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store