How hardy are snails?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
There are snails in both environments, but they have specifically adapted to the salinity and won't survive in FW, just as FW snails will perish in strongly brackish or marine conditions. Of course, so will most fish. ;)

Anaxus

This space for rent!
Mar 4, 2003
Louisiana
Visit site
What about extremely high nitrites? I just found out my nitirites are off the color chart for my test kits. I noticed a few not moving at the bottom, I think the nitirites might have done them in.

Anaxus

This space for rent!
Mar 4, 2003
Louisiana
Visit site
Yeah ChilDawg, Ammonia goes down to 0ppm from 5ppm in less then 24hrs. I thought the nitrites were going down too because of the test readings were not on the test kits charts and seemed to be between 0 and .25ppm. But valery in another post informed me that my wierd results mean the readings are higher then what the kit was designed for.
Voodoo mentioned they are bad for the tank if they die. I only see two dead ones but I know I had atleast 5. What should I do?

Last edited:

thom336

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
what can you do? as it has been mentioned...they are pretty indistructable buggers. destroy the eggs when they appear, and constantly remove as many as you can. nothing you can do for the dead ones mate...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store