How long do your Ghost Shrimp live in your tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Octavarium

Ambassador to Cephalopods
Mar 2, 2005
East Haven, CT
Real Name
Erik
I still have few that compete well with good stealing with the dojo,Kuhli, Orange mini CPO, and pygmy corys bottom crew. I think a good rule is to buy about 10 or so, and usually a few of the strong ones (odds are about 1 in 4 from pet store on average will be healthy enough to make long run if cared for peoperly by you) make it by few weeks, then you can rest easy for a while.

Moi

AC Members
Jan 25, 2005
....on average since they come into my LFS more as "feeders" unfortunately, they are usually very unhealthy and in jam packed conditions. Soooo, if you ghosties live past the first 2-3 weeks (which is when the sick/weak ones usually die off) I find they usually live around a year from then on, maybe longer if you got them young.
This is also my experience. If you can get healthy ones, they often live quite a while - but the $0.40 feeder ones are usually pretty hard to keep alive. I bought more expensive tank raised ones on purpose because I wanted them to stay alive....and it worked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store