How long to Krib's defend their babies?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
I have 7 krib babies in a 30 gallon with 2 paradise fish, a CAE, and 2 small otos.I was wondering if they will still guard their babies, because they areacting like they are starting to lay eggs again, the babies are only about a week old, I'm worried that the paradise fish might eat the babies. Here's some pics:
felame in the U shape infront of the male:

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
From my experiance, if their is too much activity going on, and they are wanting to breed again, I would say that the psrents themselves will more than likely reect the brood and eat them. My mom has a 25 gallon tank with 6 red-eye tetras, a male and female kribs, and a pleco. The kribs currently have a brood that dear old female krib is spending a lot of time with. They seem to fight off the crowd pretty well; but, the pleco can be hard headed. The first batch or 2 they, the parents ate. Either because they were new at the breeding idea or they thought there were too many intruders. So far, the current brood is doing well and is about 2 weeks old now. If you have anymore questions about the kribs, feel free to email, PM, or post. Hope this helps and have fun!!!!

jiggerpolebill

i have a key to the Twinsavr
Aug 16, 2002
Indy, IN, USA
Visit site
my female starts running off the young as soon as another batch hatches. the male sticks around and helps them out though. once the start getting some size though, he chases them off as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store