Hurt angelfish advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amhurst

Registered Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hello all,

Two months I had an angel fish stuck in a decoration which he managed to recover from and was doing well. A two days ago he seemed to be having trouble moving around the tank or going for food. This morning he was struggling at the bottom of the tank. The other two angels were pecking at him so I brought in an old 40 gallon tank cleaned it out and filled it up with tank water, grabbed a plant from the original tank, put in a spare heater ,put in an old filter with a filter carteridge from the original tank. I put in some seachem stress relief.
Any further advice to help him out?

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Keep him in the hospital tank or isolation box to protect him from the others. Fish are jerks. They will pick relentlessly at the weak. Ensure params and conditions stay on par.

It's pretty much impossible to know what's going on, and I agree maybe some of the experienced folks here can see something you don't in a pic. Always good to get a second opinion.

Do you have capatta leaves (IALs)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store