I feel like a total NOOB... quick advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
Just getting back into the salt hobby after a five year hiatus (moved back to Colorado from Philly)...

With that being said, I had successfully kept a 20 long with a black saddleback clown, a six line wrasse...

Now I have a 75 gallon tank (total water volume 90 gallons) that is almost cycled. 75 lbs of live rock, a 750 gallon per hour wave maker, and a 750 gallon per hour Rio pump in the sump. Additionally I have a lot of LED lighting (two ecoxotic lights) and in my sump, I have a turf scrubber set up, with alternate lighting schedule.

Now, I really want to keep things simple, so I was thinking of stocking as follows (and buying the fish in this order):
2 ocelaris clowns (spelling?),
5-6 Green Chromis
bi-color blenny
a 6 line wrasse,

and maybe another fish, like a coral beauty, or a couple of purple firefish...

Any thoughts or input for a fresh water old timer getting back into salt?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Is it a fish only tank? I love the look of the Flame Angel over the Coral Beauty.
Royal Grammas are always nice too.

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
It will have soft corals (green star polyps, zoas, ricordia/shrooms and at most a LPS like a brain, trumpet or frogspawn... I love the royal grammas too... I accidentally bought a bicolor psudochromis before and he harassed my saddleback clown and had to go back to the LFS...

I have read too that Green Chromis mature, then kill eachother off... I was hoping for a little schooling, but if anyone has another suggestion, I am all ears!

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
What about this:

2 Snowflake Clowns (or one black and one orange ocellaris)
2 Purple Firefish
2 Banggai Cardinals
1 Coral Beauty or Flame
1 Royal Grama

Then a clean up crew of something like a coral banded shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, 4-5 blue leg hermits, 2 turbos, 3-4 nassarius snails, 3-4 astraea snails and 2 nerites...

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
Ok, so far, I have a snowflake and an Ocellaris, a Royal Grama and three Green Chromis, 5 hermits, 5 astrae and 1 nassarius...

For corals I have a dragon eye zoa, some green star polyps, a trumpet coral and some other zoas (kind of a brown with orange)...

0 ammonia
0 trites
5 trates

Using instant ocean reef, and dosing iodide and Seachem's reef complete

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store