I gave up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

accord728

AC Members
Dec 3, 2009
Chalfont, PA
I threw in the towel using my FBF the other day. It turns out that my powerhead's impeller assembly was failing (due to dirt/grime buildup) causing the FBF not to start up properly. I never got around to cleaning it due no backup impeller assembly or powerhead for it. Doing a water change, I accidently disconnected the power to that powerhead. I quickly plugged it back and the impeller broke. It doesn't stop there, after taking the FBF off the back of the tank, the top clip that keeps it hanging on the tank fell apart, and the plastic elbow that connects the line to the powerhead broke. Everything was just falling about.

I had this all up and running for 5 months. I know it can all be fixed very easily but I do not know if its worth the hassle at this point with everything else going on. Next time, if i run the FBF again, I'll rethink the powerhead with a better pre-filter mechanism and have another powerhead for backup. It was a learning experience and exciting getting it setup and using it. It did a great job with my other filters keeping the water pristine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store