I have a krib crisis!! (Well, kinda)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
I mentioned in the past that my kribs had their first brood. Only six of the original brood remain and all is well with the little tikes. My biggest concern now is that, the parents have a new free swimming brood that I discovered today. The tank that everyone is in is 20 gallons and I know that is not a big enough tank. My problem is, what do I do with the original brood??? My LFS won't take them because business is bad and I cannot afford another tank. Besides this, I am moving out the house March 1st and want to take all my tanks with me. My over concern with that is I don't want to kill any of the babies while in transit. Please help me solve my problem. And no, euthanzing is not going to be the anwser. Thanks!!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Maybe you might want to try this in classified ads if that is a route which you would be willing to take.

Oscar_Wild

"Fish are friends, not food!"
Nov 27, 2002
Salina, KS
www.2-one.net
I posted an interest in the classifieds thread.

Oscar Wild

Last edited:

jdheff1982

Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
More fry......Oh boy!!!

Well, my crisis has grown some more. I found the parents showig their new little ones when I got up from my nap. I did notice however that the parents seem to be fighting a bit. I noticed the the male would go after the female a little and bite at her belly and then she would turn around and do the same. I never noticed this on the first batch. Do I need to be concerned???? Thanks!

EDIT: I was watching some more and it seems the male does not want to leave the castle. The female has been chasing him out of the castle while biting at his mid section. I don't what his problem is......

Last edited:

djlen

Fish?.......What Fish?
Aug 19, 2002
Somerdale, New Jersey USA
Right now you are going to experience a lot of stress in that tank.
The parents will probably act to protect the youngest brood, and that's going to create problems for everyone else in the tank. There will also probably be more animosity between Mom and Dad as time goes on. Stress is never good for fish.
Len

jdheff1982

Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Well, I am not too worried now. When I woke a little while ago, both mom and dad werehanks! out and about w/o the little ones. In fact, I searched for the little ones and I think they were eaten. So the stress has been lowered for now. Besides, Oscar_Wild is coming to my place to check out my kribs and possibly by them from me.

If for some reason I have some babies left over, will they survive in my 37 gallon with the 10 tiger barbs and the 2 spotted rafaels?? I have heard that the rafaels will eat smaller fish. T

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store