*I My Balloon Molly Pregnant? Pics Attached*

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LittleMolly

Registered Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi guys!

I just purchased a beautiful balloon Molly yesterday and her belly looks much larger than the other balloon Mollies.

At times she's a little feisty with the other fish in the tank. She also likes to take rest periods by staying very close to the bottom of the tank and seems to just tred water for awhile, staying pretty idle. Lately she's been treading water at the top of the tank under the lights.

She eats much more than the other fish and she poops quite a bit so I don't believe she's bloated. She has much less mobility than my other balloon Molly. She seems so heavy.

I am a new fish owner so I googled what a female molly looks like and she does have the rounded bottom fin versus the pointed bottom fin. I'm able to make out a slight gravity spot but that's about it even though she looks like she's ready to pop!20180714_211120.jpg 20180714_210909.jpg

My other female balloon molly's belly isn't half as big as her's.

I would like to try to save the fry if she is pregnant. I would feel awful if the other fish ate them.

I have attached pictures.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

20180712_162836.jpg

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I've not kept balloons, but since this is line bred strain, they are not standardized in shape or appearance. If she was with males, yes, she's likely gravid, but that's not saying she's close to giving birth, just a simple fact that female livebearers are pretty much always pregnant if they have been in with a male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store