I need a glassbanger !

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
A salvini cichlid would fit well, and they have a nice overly aggressive appearance.

DBLN8

AC Members
Dec 7, 2013
A 40 breeder does not really fit the criteria for a glass banger tank. I would agree with the post ^^^ Salvini would be a good choice for a while they top out at 7-8" (males) females are much smaller and have lots of personality with some great colors.

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
Salvini, brasiliensis, short body flowerhorn (many don't actually get much of a kok), pair of cons, or something similar could work.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I couldnt find a salvini in the stores close by so i just got community fish. When i get the chance to get new fish for this tank im going to find a salvini.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
I don't know exactly what 'glassbanger' means...was thinking perhaps it meant tankbuster... but anyhow... what about a Jewel Cichlid? They're pretty tough.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I already got fish for the tank. I couldnt find a salvini close by so i just got community fish instead. When i get tye chance to restock it ill order one at a LFS.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Kyle, it's too bad you're set on the 40B for your tank. A green terror would foot the bill, I think, but they really need at least a 55 if not a 75. Completely awesome and aggressive fish.

Mark

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I was thinking green terror at one point but they are fairly active and a 40B just wouldnt cut it for one. I might have to look at some more cichlids because this thread is making me want to chamge up the tank... I already researched a few but i know for a fact i didnt do enough research.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store