Ices’ 46 bow front

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Been at least 10yrs since I ran a tank.

Day 1 of course I hate it. Looks pathetic but I know it will look better in time.
Things will be moved, removed, replaced, added.

It was kind of a rush job. I wasn’t expecting the guy that gave me the tank to also give me 3 fish. I don’t think they will cause a spike but of course I will watch and do water changes as needed to keep them safe.
It looks reddish because it’s on ramping down to sunset setting.

04B97455-C92A-4A42-90D2-703A7E13A218.jpeg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Beauty!!

I am no pro scaper and have a tough time with it.

If I could offer a suggestion.. Any chance of moving that large rock cluster off center a bit more?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah, new tanks & new plants take some patience. What fish did you get? Try as I might I don't see any.

I agree with FF, dead centered decor is not as pleasing as the "golden rule" ratio, roughly 2/5 : 3/5 or something close. Are the little river rocks just holding down plants for now?

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Yeah, new tanks & new plants take some patience. What fish did you get? Try as I might I don't see any.

I agree with FF, dead centered decor is not as pleasing as the "golden rule" ratio, roughly 2/5 : 3/5 or something close. Are the little river rocks just holding down plants for now?
glass cat
Cory
Hill stream loach.

I actually think I’m removing one of the bigger rocks
The small rocks are helping the dwarf chainsword. The Cory likes to swim over it and disturb them.

This was my last endeavor https://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/threads/ices-tanks-new-pics.68550/page-9

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Cool fish with different needs but all might like some friends if you want to keep them all long term :) I haven't kept glass cats, I think I can see it in the upper left. For hillstreams, I have sewellia lineolata, quite easy to keep & mine breed. I had some others but they died out over 8-9 years. Are any of them on your fish wish list? You can ask if your non-chain store will take them if they're not on your plan for your tank.

Yeah, bottom fish & newly planted tanks are not a great combo. I always suggest what you did, small rocks to anchor plants until they can root well.

The big rocks seem much whiter than your others. To me, it helps scaping to have similar rocks, like they came from the same area. Maybe a wood piece?

Oh, & is your java fern attached to rock or raised up off the substrate? The rhizome (sideways stem that leaves & roots grow from) needs to be a bit above the substrate...I can't tell

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A great start.....

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
I wouldn’t mix hillstream loach and glass cat glass cat like low flow same with corydoryas while hillstream loach like rapids

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I wouldn’t mix hillstream loach and glass cat glass cat like low flow same with corydoryas while hillstream loach like rapids

You might want to read the thread. Pretty sure Ice is aware of the needs of those fish he was given.

Reactions: Sprinkle and IceH2O

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Same old RB.

yeah none of these fish were on my wishlist but if I didn’t take them I would t have gotten the tank or he may have flushed them.

yeah it’s very white granite. I figured they would stand out better. By the time I get the layout right and it fills in they won’t be so prominent.

mans the Java ferns attached to rocks.
I’ve done this all before.

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store