ICH with a fully planted 90g tank!! Please help...want to treat asap

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

abayomiabys

AC Members
Oct 6, 2007
i purchased two clown loaches that have been hiding since I got them, just over a week ago. Been watching one of my large silver dollars who has been hiding. I notices he has a few white spots! So ich! I have a fully planted 90g tank, with three very large bala's, two large silver dollars, a large angle, three bristle nose Plecos, a few small tetras and two clown loaches.

I was going to add one teaspoon of aquarium salt to each gallon. (450ml for 90 gallons and am worried about my plants!

What is the best treatment? I am increasing my aquarium temperature... would 82,83 be enough?

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Any advice would be appreciated. I haven't added the salt yet... having trouble dissolving it. Will wait to hear.

Tracy

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Heat and regular salt (IMO) is always the best. I have used this with friends tanks, and it works. I am not sure about aquarium salt, I just use regular table salt.

1) I would do a large WC first-about 50%
2) Raise temp to about 85 degrees, over 2-3 days.
3) Add one teaspoon of table salt to every gal of water, also over about 2-3 days
4) Increase surface movement --salt and high temps reduce O2 in water.
5) Monitor for distress in fish, if distress, change 10% water to reduce salt concentration.
6) Keep this for about 2 weeks, and well after all ICH is gone.
7) Do large WC, about 50%
8) Wait another week, and do another large WC.

Last edited:
Reactions: abayomiabys

abayomiabys

AC Members
Oct 6, 2007
Heat and regular salt (IMO) is always the best. I have used this with friends tanks, and it works. I am not sure about aquarium salt, I just use regular table salt.

1) I would do a large WC first-about 50%
2) Raise temp to about 85 degrees, over 2-3 days.
3) Add one teaspoon of table salt to every gal of water, also over about 2-3 days
4) Increase surface movement --salt and high temps reduce O2 in water.
5) Monitor for distress in fish, if distress, change 10% water to reduce salt concentration.
6) Keep this for about 2 weeks, and well after all ICH is gone.
7) Do large WC, about 50%
8) Wait another week, and do another large WC.

Thank you!! muchly appreciated!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store