ID help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cecho

AC Members
Mar 21, 2008
The other day i pick up a small zoarock that came with this on it. Looks like a shroom to me but cant find it anywhere. Any help will be great. Also what lighting it needs or any other care, and if i should take it off of the rock with the zoas

fish tank 042.jpg fish tank 040.jpg fish tank 039.jpg

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I 3rd that.. Manjano.. really cool looking for being a pest but can quickly get out of control in a tank just like aiptasia. It should probably be removed if you plan on having other corals, just like that one aiptasia I also see at the top of the picture on the same rock. They have the potential of stinging your zoas and wiping them out. From the pictures, it seems as though both pest anemones are doing just that, stinging the zoas by the looks of them.

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
I agree with the others definitely a pair of pests. You can try injecting them with vinegar if you have a siringe. Or take the rock out and scrape off every last bit of the offenders. Just be careful if you decide to inject them, make sure you pinch the siringe squarely into the mouth of the pest anemone if you poke through it and wind out coming out on the side where your zoos are you could affect them. Zoos are pretty tough, but a nice shot of vinegar could kill them. If you are not sure then just pull the rock out and scrape it off thoroughly.

Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store