Ideas how to keep tank cool in the summer

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I have a red wolffish , so the tank is completely sealed since he’s a jumper. I keep most of my tanks in the garage and in the summer my garage gets to around 110f so I use fans to keep them cool. Obviously fans won’t work on a sealed tank so I’m hoping for some ideas how to keep him from roasting other than a chiller or moving him in the house
Thanks

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I haven't done it but some people freeze water in small soda bottles to float in the tank
Thanks, it actually occurred to me after I posted this that I can get a reptile screen cover and cut small holes for the wires then run my fans

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
If you have a canister filter use an old fridge or freezer, don't just put the filter in there but extend the hose as long as possible.

Reactions: FishAddict74

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Don't know how big your garage is but since you have more tanks have you considered a portable airco... will cost more electricity as just a fridge/freezer, but will be more effective, too.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Don't know how big your garage is but since you have more tanks have you considered a portable airco... will cost more electricity as just a fridge/freezer, but will be more effective, too.
I’ve looked into it but I live in Phoenix and everyone I’ve talked said it does do much good here. My garage isn’t insulated either

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store