ill tang, please help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
It's probably stressed out because of the ich. They say that ich really attacks the gills and areas that can't be seen, and if you can see it on the outside, chances are it's also on the inside.

You could still have ich, basically.

My tang just died of it not too long ago. :(

crazyhaggis

AC Members
May 6, 2007
Scotland
It's probably stressed out because of the ich. They say that ich really attacks the gills and areas that can't be seen, and if you can see it on the outside, chances are it's also on the inside.

You could still have ich, basically.

My tang just died of it not too long ago. :(
It still sitting on the rock even today, do you think it would be worth trying to treat it or is it a goner?

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Is there any chance of getting a QT set up? It won't be a waste fo money as you'll never know if you may need it in the future and if it is ill due to stress it can take it easy in there. Another suggestion is feed your other fish and while thy're busy feeding, try getting a piece of dried algae soaked in garlic and putting it right next to the Tang. It will be a messy job but might be worth a try.

crazyhaggis

AC Members
May 6, 2007
Scotland
Is there any chance of getting a QT set up? It won't be a waste fo money as you'll never know if you may need it in the future and if it is ill due to stress it can take it easy in there. Another suggestion is feed your other fish and while thy're busy feeding, try getting a piece of dried algae soaked in garlic and putting it right next to the Tang. It will be a messy job but might be worth a try.
Unfortunately due to finical constraints I can't get a QT set up, with regards to the algae, would a piece of dried seaweed do instead?

I don't know if its connected but I started feeding my tang dried seaweed to help boost here immune system and it was only a couple of days after I started this did she start to stop swimming and just sit amongst the rock. Could there be anything bad in the seaweed?

I just bought some dried seaweed from tescos, I did check that it didn't have any additives, but could there still be something in it?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I just bought some dried seaweed from tescos, I did check that it didn't have any additives, but could there still be something in it?
No, this is fine to use, i know plenty UK reef keepers that use it...It is untreated raw seaweed..they also add garlic to this..

Niko

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison

crazyhaggis

AC Members
May 6, 2007
Scotland
does it seem to have a blank stare of just lieing down and labored. and even if all checks out i would do a water change as well. not a large one but maybe just 10%.
Hi it just seems to sit there with a blank stare, I'm preparing some water for a water change, how long should I wait before I can use the water I have prepared. The LFS recommend 48 hours is this about right? This is what I've been following previously.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store