Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm getting back into fishkeeping after 6 years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jpsracing, May 10, 2017.

1. jpsracing

jpsracing AC Members

Sunday at 8:40 PM
    Hey y'all --

I first started fishkeeping in 2002 and kept two tanks running (20g & 30g) until I moved cross country in Nov. 2011. I have been fish-less since.

Well, now I've bought a house and want to start a tank again. This site was a great source of info 15 years ago when I started and I was - amazed & quite happy - that AC is still around and that my log in info still works!

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi again. I see I am not the only one getting back to it after some time away. I am keen to see what kind of changes in tech have occurred in the last six years also.

Thanks,
    JPS

2. Rbishop

Rbishop ...and over the edge.
    Staff Member

Mr. Normal
    Yesterday at 5:37 PM
    Mr. Normal
    Welcome to AC!

jpsracing likes this.
  3. myswtsins

myswtsins AC Members

Jen
    Yesterday at 6:10 PM
    Jen
    Camera Used:
    Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
    Welcome back to AC JPS! Were you a high tech aquarist? I myself am kinda recently back from a long hiatus (kinda), it's good to be back full force though!

4. MardieJane

MardieJane AC Members

Saturday at 7:09 AM
    Camera Used:
    Cannon eos 5d markII
    Hi jpsracing hope to hear about your new tank. I have a feeling this hobby is one you never really get over if you ever got it right.
    It seems to be like most pets, you always love looking in tanks to see what there but your own tank is the only way to understand these animals each have their own personalities. Awesome your back at it. Will you keep the same type of fish as before or try something new?

5. jpsracing

jpsracing AC Members

Hi & Thanks for the Welcome :) My last two tanks were freshwater 20 High and 30 and I kept them running from 2002 until 2011 when I moved south and gave them to a friend. The last of my fish died finally about a two years ago so the tanks were pretty successful in that respect. I kept a variety of fish thru the years but I really liked the red eye tetras and tiger barbs, and my red tail shark Darth lol. He lived about 8 years and had moved from a 2 gallon, to a 10, to the 20 and eventually to the 30. Great fish, very bummed when he finally passed. I can't wait to set up the 55 and stock it.

6. jpsracing

jpsracing AC Members

Hi - I always wanted a few bala sharks so I'll try those for sure this time around.

7. MardieJane

MardieJane AC Members

Saturday at 7:09 AM
    Camera Used:
    Cannon eos 5d markII
    Sounds like your shark grew in the hobby with you...or the other way around lol hope the new "shark tank" goes well

jpsracing likes this.