Im so paranoid now..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aRaine

Registered Member
Feb 2, 2022
My betta fish has been getting over a sickness recently, and i was on a betta fish forum where i learned i am underfeeding him. I'm now questioning everything i ever knew about taking care of danios and bettas! My very chill betta fish is sharing a 20 gal tank with 6 total leopard, zebra, and pearl danios. I've been feeding them a few pellets, once a day, 6/7 days a week. Also we just figured out that one of the pearl danios we have is probably a giant danio.. Is my amount of 6 fish enough? Am I over or underfeeding them? Do I need more aeration in my tank? Do I need to switch up their diets? Am I supposed to use flakes instead? So many questions!
Also does anyone know how much to feed a betta fish?????

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
i would feed the betta a seperate food from the danios, a sinking pellet for the betta and flake for the danios, with feeding it is always best to start small see how much they eat then increase if needed, I would say put in a few pellets and see how much the betta eats, if its gone within a minute or so put in a couple more.

same with food for the danios, no more than they finish in a minute or so, if they finish add a little more and that will give you a baseline

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Doubtful it matters...the danios will get to the food before the betta in general...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store