Inflamatory Eyeball on Betta?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Allison Reed

Sushi Lovin' Aquarist
Dec 3, 2002
Vancouver, wa
Visit site
I have a pretty decent sized male betta I purchased maybe 2 months ago. He's pretty healthy, sometimes he gets occasionally fat ( when my mom has to feed him for me x.o ).
Just recently i noticed one of his eyes seemingly getting bigger...and pushing more outwards from his skull. it looks larger and more inflamed than his other eye. I have him in a 10 gallon devided, so he's in one 5 gallon side. I have an undergravel filter, 2 silk plants, some thin rock bedding. I feed him bloodworms and those little hikari betta bite things... What is the inflamation? Can I cure it with something? I'd like to know because tomorrow I'm running to the pet store to get some supplies anyways. I'd take a picture if I had a camera, but the inflamation is VERY obvious. He does not act differently. Temp is 78, water nuetral ph.

Allison Reed

Sushi Lovin' Aquarist
Dec 3, 2002
Vancouver, wa
Visit site
water changes

I TRY to change the water at least every week. sometime sI cant, my parents are divorced. so much for me relying on my mother, eh? I'm getting treatment tonight, and im traeting my oscar fry and my betta at the same time...bah. I gotta move the 10 gallon somewhere easier. well, popeye medication for me! It just gets bigger every day x.x thank god I can traet him soon. Gotta move his female into another tank...boo.
but thanks for the help. just hope ol' stanely wont kick the bucket from an eyeball.
I'm starting to doubt the greatness of my undergravel filter. x.o oh well. I'll kick my mom's butt for not taking care of them when I'm gone

TheMightyQueenPixie

Best Invention EVER!
Apr 16, 2002
Barrie, ON. Canada
www.baycitybettas.com
Ditch the UGF...There is a ton of scary stuff that gets trapped under there...Bettas do best with regualar water changes and a bare bottom tank...It also makes it easier to clean...A turkey baster is great for plucking out poopies and keeping the water as clean as possible. If you have Oscars on one side, they are extrememly messy eaters and are probably contributing to the poor water quality. I'd put him in his own bowl or move the Oscars...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store