info or red tails and tiger shovel nose

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gravel digger

AC Members
Dec 21, 2002
white plains maryland
Visit site
today i purchaed 2 red tails and a tiger shovel nose. i have done a lot of reading and studying on both fish. i have enough tank space for the three of them but i am looking for personal stories, info, details of individuals raising each one of these species. book can only tell you so much personal stories are so much more detailed to learn from

Stephen

There's always a bigger fish...
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
Man, people must not keep these things or something. I've got a post about tigers that's got no response, and noticed another today that's having the same luck. Maybe we'll be the "go to" guys about these fish after our "from scratch" experiences.

big mo tro cat

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
illinois
Visit site
i got my two foot rtc when it was a couple inches for 5 bucks at wal mart of all places. the old dude working the pets didnt want to sell it to me because "that fish is acting awful weird for a pleco". hahaha. had it for over 2 yrs now and its the best and most expensive fish i ever kept. tame as a dog and eats like a hog. he kinda follows me around the room when i come in looking to be petted or fed. two warnings: be careful what you put them with because theyll eat everything in the tank. and make sure theyre well fed before petting them. my rtc came down on my fingers pretty damn hard once because the petting and feeding was in the wrong order.

Fishster

AC Members
Jun 12, 2001
Calgary, AB
I have a TSN that is about 1 1/2 years old and about 20" long. I have found them to be very easy to keep provided that good water quality is maintained with a fair amount of room. As for tank mates any fish that is not too aggressive and cannot fit in their mouths is good. One note though if you are housing the RTC with the TSN I would be careful that the RTC do not make a meal of the TSN, RTC grow very quickly and their mouths could fit a Shovelnose quite easily.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store