injured banggai cardinal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
thats so true... hmmm :headshake2:

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
about 6 inches across. size of your fist. thanks.

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
my cardinal is still alive... it's been 10 days since I first got him. He still has no rightside fin. He eats well, swims pretty darn good, and seems to be doing okay with his stump. I didn't get him any melafix or medicines and decided to tough it out. I just heard too many conflicting reports on meds and he looked like he was doing okay. Judgement call. hopefully it will be the right one.

I think naming fish is lamo, but I may be forced to name this guy "stumpo" if he pulls through! He's looking promising!

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
Pallen81, wasn't this a conversation that you posted not to long ago? I cannot however see how anyone could suggest to you for a missing fin to treat a tank with Melafix or any other item for a healthy QT would do this all by itself. For from what you can tell of the missing fin, does it look as its fin rot or that its be bitten? This however would make some differences if you treat or not. To what if its a infection, its difficult for anyone to say without a picture.

If you brought the fish in this condition, I not know if you can do anything about bring it back for you need to examine the fish before buying for many lfs will say nothing to you if something is wrong with the fish, for their just happy to get rid of it. One such lfs that do this is on N. Roxboro Rd in Durham.

If its fin rot, treat with maracyn (salt)

Buddy

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
at the lfs I actually took back the first fish they gave me. it was listless, lol. maybe I should have kept that one.

the cardinal is pooping white feces. bad sign... I thought he was getting better.

please don't lecture me about a QT. I don't have one. end of story.

hmmmm I may have to look at that medicine.

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
at the lfs I actually took back the first fish they gave me. it was listless, lol. maybe I should have kept that one.

the cardinal is pooping white feces. bad sign... I thought he was getting better.

please don't lecture me about a QT. I don't have one. end of story.

hmmmm I may have to look at that medicine.

I wont lecture you, I'm only telling you what must be done and nothing more then that, and its up to you on what you will do or not. But I will tell you to not place medications in with your inverts if any and corals, this would be a bad idea>

Have a Happy 4th of July people :) Buddy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store