• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Is it safe?

fishorama

AC Members
Nice tank! I'd like to see a bit of plant height along the back or on the wood. Sorry, I'm a bit of a plant nut...I can't help myself sometimes, lol.

Ian h

AC Members
Not bad for a 1st timer? Hahahaha I agree with you. Heading to my LFS Friday to see what plants they got for me.

fishorama

AC Members
Very nice for a first timer!! I belong to a plant club so all my tanks are low tech jungles :cool:.

What part of the US are you in? Just in a vague kind of way, state or nearby big city? There are clubs in many places, well worth looking into :) I love my club & have liked others in different places I've lived. It's fun even if you only go once in a while.

Ian h

AC Members
I'm actually in Canada lol Toronto area. Any suggestions on plants? I'm still have little knowledge in that department.

fishorama

AC Members
Toronto probably has lots to fish &/or plant clubs! & lots of great shops! I love living near a big city (but not in)! You fooled me with your tank top/balcony avatar, I was guessing Florida, lol.

When it's time, maybe after your move, we can discuss possible plants. Or post up your lighting, water parameters & plant visions for your tank; maybe a new thread in the planted tank forum. We've kind of fallen off your original topic. You'll get more help that way.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
I know with my low tech planted tanks and the type of plants I keep, it takes a year or better for them to be a jungle. Doing any major disruption in the tank is going to likely reset that time.

I'm a few hours away in the Buffalo area. Very few local fish stores. Even fewer with a plant selection. Most of what I have started as a pathetic petco or petsmart plant!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store