Is it safe?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
I like ramshorn snails better than bladder snails. Both have pretty weak shells & can be smushed against the glass to kill them...unless you're very squeemish. The corys may eat the "leftovers". Both lay "jelly masses" of eggs; they can be scraped off & vacuumed out...but just scraping them off is not enough.

Trumpet snails have much harder shells. Less food for all snails is a first step to their control.
That's what I've been doing , feeding every other day.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Sounds good to me, keep it up! That's half the snail battle; less food = less snails. But vacuum out as many egg masses & smushed shells as you can. It will only help!

Good luck!

Reactions: Ian h

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
Ive just been pluckin them out when I see them lol Thanks for all the advice! Hoping to start a 2nd tank this summer :)

Reactions: dudley

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Ian, welcome! Sounds like a nice setup. Can you post pics? What type of lighting do you have for the plants?

To me, some snails are are good thing. If you have an abundance of them, even though you're feeding every other day, tons of snails means you're adding too much food to the tank.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Super nice. Is that an acrylic tank or glass?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store