Is it safe?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Nice tank! I'd like to see a bit of plant height along the back or on the wood. Sorry, I'm a bit of a plant nut...I can't help myself sometimes, lol.

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
Not bad for a 1st timer? Hahahaha I agree with you. Heading to my LFS Friday to see what plants they got for me.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Very nice for a first timer!! I belong to a plant club so all my tanks are low tech jungles :cool:.

What part of the US are you in? Just in a vague kind of way, state or nearby big city? There are clubs in many places, well worth looking into :) I love my club & have liked others in different places I've lived. It's fun even if you only go once in a while.

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
I'm actually in Canada lol Toronto area. Any suggestions on plants? I'm still have little knowledge in that department.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Toronto probably has lots to fish &/or plant clubs! & lots of great shops! I love living near a big city (but not in)! You fooled me with your tank top/balcony avatar, I was guessing Florida, lol.

When it's time, maybe after your move, we can discuss possible plants. Or post up your lighting, water parameters & plant visions for your tank; maybe a new thread in the planted tank forum. We've kind of fallen off your original topic. You'll get more help that way.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I know with my low tech planted tanks and the type of plants I keep, it takes a year or better for them to be a jungle. Doing any major disruption in the tank is going to likely reset that time.

I'm a few hours away in the Buffalo area. Very few local fish stores. Even fewer with a plant selection. Most of what I have started as a pathetic petco or petsmart plant!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store