Is there something wrong with my goldie?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish there would have been something more that we could have done. How is the survivor doing, and are there any signs of anything else going on in the tank?

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
I appreciate everything you helped me with guys and the survivor is doing fine. I changed 20 percent of the water that day and I will be doing another 20 percent change within the next day or so. I also tested the water and everything came out fine so I guess the poor guy was just a sick little fishy when I got him...The survivor seems to not even notice that his buddy is gone but he won't be alone for long as I am getting either some danios or white clouds today.

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
Just got 4 new Zebra Danios and they are super happy in their new tank! The goldie is still getting used to them but doesn't seem scared or viscious :)

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Good. Please watch for signs of any kinds of fluke or infection. Without a QT tank or QT period, sometimes it is dangerous to introduce new fish to the tank. Keep a watch for flashing (rubbing against ornaments) or darting behavior in the goldie. Good luck with the new guys. Post pictures!

I have heard of people keeping zebra danios with goldies, and others who say that danios' frantic movement makes the fish freak out. Yours seems not to be bothered.

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
The goldie seems to lie on the bottom for brief periods but he doesn't rub up against it as such or anything and the Danios haven't even gone near any decorations or the bottom as they are too busy playing in the bubble wall :) Should I be worried about the goldfish?

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Not yet. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get too lethargic. Most fancy goldies will take brief rest periods near the bottom. If she stays there, it could be a sign of trouble. You also want to watch for ammonia spikes with the addition of new fish. Might be a good idea to check your water parameters a bit more frequently for the next couple of weeks.

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
Yeah I will thanks. I have become pretty vigilant when it comes to water changes and since the other guy died I've been changing 20 percent every couple days but I will keep testing using my handy dandy API test kit ;) haha

SweetieAngel

AC Members
Jun 12, 2010
Guys my other goldfish seems to be missing a scale though I can't seem to find out for sure. There is no signs of aggression from the Danios and they all seem fine, no missing scales, not bothering the goldie, etc. There are no sharp plants or ornaments. The ammonia level is fine and he is eating and swimming normally. What could cause this? I am reluctant to isolate him as my quarantine tank is fairly small and has no filtration. Help please?!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store