Is This A Ryukin?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

noweat

Registered Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hi guys, new to the forums here and new to fancy goldfish as well. I got these two little guys today and were told both are ryukins; however, only the one in the second pic resembles a typical ryukin to me as its hump is already pretty noticeable. The one in the first pic appears to have a thin layer of fleshy growth on its head (you can kind of see it in the pic) which has me thinking it may actually be an oranda. I also have a red cap oranda in the tank that is about the same size with much noticeable head growth so I can't say I'm 100% sure. What do you guys think?
1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
The first looks like a mix breed so really you probably won't be able to tell until it matures but it does resemble a ryukin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kissofcrimson

AC Members
Aug 14, 2012
North Carolina, USA
The white one resembles a Ryukin more then the orange one but you can't really tell until they mature as their body deepens with age.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

noweat

Registered Member
Jun 8, 2013
Thanks guys I guess time will tell. In the meantime I've taken another profile pic of the orange guy and circled where a wen appears to be developing.

1.jpg

1.jpg

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
That's looking like an oranda to me. At most, oranda/ryukin mutt.

tiger oscar

Mr.Bushynose pleco
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Real Name
You will never know
lol

I think the orange one is a fantail and oranda crossbreed.But the white and red one is a ryukin.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store