It's nice when vendors do what they say

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
After a terrible experience with an online vendor 4 weeks ago, I'm extremely excited to say that I tried a different one, and they were great. My shrimp and snails all seem super healthy and happy. I only have a few snails that haven't really moved yet, but it's only been an hour or so.

Pros: Very responsive to email
The packaging looked very secure (box, with a styrofoam box inside, B grade nerites in plastic containers with wet paper towels inside, shrimp in breather bags wrapped in paper inside of a normal aquarium purchase bag) and heat pack that was still warm
More shrimp than I ordered (I didn't get an exact count, but I was able to get to the number I ordered, and there was a clump I didn't get to before they started moving around rapidly again)
More snails than I ordered
Bonus of a couple pieces of cholla wood
Bonus of 4 marimo balls.

Coincidentally, I was thinking about ordering some of both bonus items, so this was an awesome surprise.

Cons: Shipping is apparently typically expensive when ordering online, this vendor is no exception.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say the vendor's name, but there used to be a guy on here (I haven't seen him since returning from my hiatus) named mgamer2000 or something similar, and he did very well by me when I ordered from him. I put this other vendor in the same category.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Glad to hear of a good vendor experience. Any chance you could pm the name to me if you can't put it in the thread?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store