Ive been told blue dolphin sharks don't think so..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tropicalfishlover

AC Members
Apr 13, 2017
I've purchased 2 of these fish the owner told me there blue dolphin sharks but they look like a pangasius catfish ?

Please help me identify this fish

There currently in a 60l tank for now..

My tank is a bit cloudy as added new gravel changing 50% of water

14921062233761803075612.jpg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
You are right, they are pangasius catfish.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Oh please, you don't need to get rid of them "ASAP" it's not like it's gonna grow an inch a day. But you do need to rehome them in before too long.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Evil wizard, have you ever looked at how big these fish grow? How long do you advise them to keep this catfish in a tank less than 20 gallons? I'm not sure of their growth rate but I imagine a fish growing to at least 4+ feet will or should grow fast with enough food & space. Or are you of the "fish grow to tank size" crowd?

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Fishorama, do you think I'm stupid? OF COURSE I KNOW HOW BIG THEY GROW. If I didn't know anything about the fish in question, why would I even answer??? It is perfectly acceptable if op can't find a new home within a few days. Its ok if op can't find a home for him until a week or two. Buy I wouldn't go past a month if op can help it.
Don't you EVER say that I believe fish grow to the tank size! You don't know a single thing about me, you have no right to say that about me.
Fishorama, never speak to me again.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Fishorama, do you think I'm stupid? OF COURSE I KNOW HOW BIG THEY GROW. If I didn't know anything about the fish in question, why would I even answer??? It is perfectly acceptable if op can't find a new home within a few days. Its ok if op can't find a home for him until a week or two. Buy I wouldn't go past a month if op can help it.
Don't you EVER say that I believe fish grow to the tank size! You don't know a single thing about me, you have no right to say that about me.
Fishorama, never speak to me again.
WOW, no need for that. Fishorama did not attack you, she never said you was stupid. All you needed to do was explain your answer. There is no need to jump on someone like that.
Brian, take a breath, and relax. This is a hobby, and we are all trying to give good advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store