Krib Cant Swim

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
My new krib Cant swim that well and I just got it yesterday. I notice its fins that help it swim is really chewed up and I figure thats the problem. Is there any thing I can help it grow its fins back ASAP.

Thank You

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
OKay

Its in a tank with two peacocks 3 Johnnaiis, and 3 other kribs besides it. It also has a gunck on it but the others I bought with it dont. the tank is ten gallons with a sand at the bottom. The johnnaiis are going to be moved to a diiferent tank. the krib is 2 inches. and the temp is 70 the ph is about 6.5. there is a 4 rock cave one plant and a flower pot on its side

dbcb314

Hates the Overstocking Police
Apr 12, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
1st thing,

your tank is way over stocked!!!! that is sort of ridiculous dude. 9 fish in a 10 gal? let alone 9 cichlids!!! that is way too much.

2nd thing,

your temp seems a little low. and your ph is for african cichlids.

3rd thing,

it seems your fish had what i call tornadoe disease. i had many cichlids get this, and i believe it was from the excessive beatings it took.i had a auratus go bezerk in one of my tanks a while ago, and many of the cichlids had these same symptoms. i think the fish is done for. and you better get ready for some more bc your tank is too crowded.

Mystroe_TheMyst

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
australia
Visit site
10 gallon? does anyone else think its way over crowded?

when you bought him? or her? anyway when you bought it was it sick and like it is currently? did you chose it, and if not nextime chose a healthier one. but i'm all stuck for solutions, you probably could try the age ol salt remedy that seems to help things.

but your tank sound over stocked too many kribs for a 10gal I woulda only put 2 in there max. with no other fish cept. dithers. you need to move the others unless they are like small as like 0.5"

what are the sizes of your fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store