Kribensis Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
How Many other kribensis could go into a regular size 29 gallon tank with a breeding pair. Also What are some other compatible fish with Kribensis.

Thank You

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
I just converted my 20 long to a krib tank, so my answer is not based on long-term experience but from what I read and the advice of others.

Other kribs with a breeding pair - 0 (your tank has the same footprint as mine, and kribs live in the bottom/middle zone so you really don't have the extra space for another krib or two)

Other fish - top/mid-water tetras (congo or their smaller relations), most SA tetras that are on the tougher side, just about any barb. Also you could have killifish up top, and I was recently told an African Butterfly fish should do OK since they hang on the surface.

Most bottom feeders won't work. I might try upside down cats since they're from the same part of Africa as Kribs and spend a lot of time up top, too. Bristlenose or rubberlip plecos work very well & stay small enough, too.

HTH,

Eric

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store